Refugee Experience Sunday
Come and experience life as a refugee
When a disaster strikes and you need to flee, what do you do first?
- Every two seconds one person becomes displaced.
- 68.5 million people were forcibly displaced in 2018 (UNHCR).
- 57% of the world’s refugees come from just three countries – in all three Medair has operations: Afghanistan, South Sudan and Syria.
- Medair works in some of the largest refugee camps in the world, in Thiangkali refugee camp in Bangladesh and in the Bekaa Valley, in Jordan.
Our Refugee Experience is a great activity for your church to learn more about refugees and displaced people around the world. You will gain an understanding about the plight of refugees: causes, statistics and the status of refugees.
This unique and immersive experience will take place inside a real emergency tent that Medair uses in the field. You will be able to experience first-hand what life as a refugee is really like. Through the experience you will also learn what Medair is doing to support refugees around the world and how you can take action.
"“I felt inspired and enjoyed the experience. I could really get a sense of what it might be like to be a refugee” – Jennifer, Spring Harvest 2019"
Here's how it works
- Sign up on the form below
- A member of our team will get in touch to discuss the Refugee Experience and whether this is something we can offer you
- Promote the event in your church and share it on social media with #MedairRefugeeExperience